(Tanks - accessories - tank systems)
SVTI is an inspection agency for plants with water polluting liquids that is recognised by KVU (a Swiss environmental protection agency). In connection with this, the Pressure Vessel Inspectorate is responsible for the following tasks:
- Update and maintain information regarding the best available technology for plastic and metal tanks.
- Manufacturer checks: do the plastic and metal tanks and accessories comply with technical guidelines?
- Assist cantons with implementation of the technical guidelines.
- If tanks are repaired or converted, check to ensure compliance with the technical guidelines.
- Inspect plastic and metal tanks for damage on behalf of KVU Switzerland, cantonal authorities, companies or private individuals.
- Perform individual acceptance inspections of custom-built tanks in Switzerland and abroad.