Inservice Inspections are conducted on nuclear components and systems according to their importance with regard to safety.
The goal of Inservice Inspections is to assess the condition of components in order to identify operationally induced changes, enabling operators to plan and implement maintenance measures promptly.
Inservice inspections may include the following activities
- Assessing schedules for Inservice Inspections and test instructions for functional and integrity tests in nuclear facilities
- Assessing reports and analyses for periodic safety reviews (PSR) in nuclear facilities
- Monitoring the Inservice Inspection while it is being conducted in the power plant
- Assessing the condition of components in nuclear facilities classified for safety reasons based on the full results of inservice inspections
- Collaborating on the further development of national and international frameworks for nuclear technology